Winter in Brisbane might just be our favourite time of year!
Not only does it bring beautiful days, blue skies, and crisp breezes, but winter is also strawberry season in Queensland, as well as our annual Royal Queensland Show! There’s plenty to do, and in near perfect weather!
What To Do
- Walk Brisbane Laneways + Cafes tour
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Strawberry picking at the strawberry fields in Palmview Recommended on the way to Australia Zoo!)
- Enjoy the walks, the view, the botanic garden, and the restaurant at Mt Cootha
- Check out the current exhibits at Gallery of Modern Art
- Enjoy the ‘Ekka’ (and don’t forget to try the strawberry ice cream!) – Sadly the Ekka has been cancelled in 2020 because of COVID, but it will be back!
- Catch a comedy and arts show at the Brisbane Powerhouse. If you head there on a Saturday morning, you can also enjoy the bustling vibe of the New Farm Farmers Markets!