Feeling spoilt for choice? Here’s five picks from the 2020 Brisbane Festival line-up we think are a must see!
- We love celebrating local acts, so it makes sense that Megan Washington’s album launch makes our must-see list! The eagerly awaited Batflowers premiere will be accompanied by a silent film at this intimate, not to be missed experience.
- This one can be done during your daily routine and doesn’t cost a thing! Messengers of Brisbane sees six larger than life giant Gouldian Finches perched atop some of Brisbane’s most iconic locations. Keep an eye out for these gorgeous artworks by international artists Florentijn Hofman around QPAC, Southbank, The Goodwill Bridge, Brisbane Powerhouse, Queensland Museum & Brisbane City Hall.
- One of the coolest initiatives we’ve ever seen, Street Serenades aims to perform to 190 suburbs across Brisbane. Over the three weeks of the Festival, pop-up concerts will be delivered in streets, parks, cul-de-sacs and more! To keep updated as to where concerts will be next, check out the Facebook event page here.
- Every Friday and Saturday night of the Festival, you can catch Sunsuper Night Sky as Brisbane’s skyline plays host to an interconnecting and pulsing laser beam installation. You can view the light show from the street, on your evening walk or by CityCat.
Please note: for those with photosensitive epilepsy, be aware this event involves pulsing laser beams.
- On the last day of the festival, the Australian Defence Force will conduct an Aerobatics Display, featuring a series of high-altitude formation flyovers over greater Brisbane. It’s worth noting that the display will take place only if the ADF has operational availability on the day. Fingers crossed the festival concludes with this extravagant sky show!
HOW TO BE COVID-SAFE DURING BRISFEST
There’s so much to see as part of the Festival, but it’s important we remain COVID-Safe and keep our community safe and healthy. Here’s some helpful things to remember:
- Stay home if you are unwell – if you aren’t feeling great or are showing COVID symptoms such as cough, fever or fatigue, stay home.
- Maintain social distancing – Keep 1.5 metres from other patrons. You can attend events in social or household groups, just be cautious of the distance between you and others.
- Wash your hands regularly – hand hygiene is super important! If you can’t wash your hands with soap and water, use hand sanitiser.
- Download the COVIDSafe App – The Federal Government’s official app is there to keep everyone safe.