AFLW Footballer Erica Fowler Loves Brisbane
Erica Fowler is like most Queenslanders: she cherishes the weather. Growing up along the Sunshine Coast, “it’s almost a necessity to own a surfboard,” she jokes. Where she’s not like every Queenslander? Erica is an AFLW footballer. She started her career as a rugby sevens player before moving into AFLW at the Yeronga South Brisbane Football club in 2017.
Today, she lives in Melbourne where she plays in the national competition, but the Sunshine State is forever home to her, and she gets home whenever she can, especially for Brisbane’s beautiful warm weather.
Here’s her favourite memories and things to do in Brisbane, not to mention a shout out to a couple of her favourite players as the AFL Grand Final is historically held at the ‘Gabba this week; the first time it has ever been held outside of Melbourne.
Q+A with Erica Fowler
Walk Brisbane: What’s your perfect day in Brisbane?
WB: Any local artists or musicians from Brisbane you love?
WB: What is your favourite pre- or post-match food or drink?
EF: A choccy milk post game, it’s the best! Something I definitely look forward to, particularly because the AFLW is played in summer.
WB: Who are some of your favourite players in the AFL?
Erica’s Top Things to Do in Brisbane (and nearby)
- Exercising along the City Loop from Kangaroo Point to Coronation Drive through the City Botanic Gardens
- Grabbing gluten-free goodies from Nodo cafe
- Enjoying a laid-back visit to Milton markets for locally sourced goods
- Camping under the stars at Point Lookout on Stradbroke (Straddie) Island t
- Dining al fresco from a variety of good eateries at Eagle Street Pier
- Sipping on a single origin cold brew from Felix for Goodness